The purpose of this association is to provide leadership through a professional organization. The association will promote risk management practices within public and private school districts and BOCES. The association will also promote the occupational and environmental safety and well being of employees, students, and facilities of the educational entities served by members of this organization.
In fulfilling its purpose, the Association shall have the following objectives:
1. To foster the professional growth and development of its members.
2. To cooperatively interact with government entities, other professional organizations, individuals and disciplines.
3. To develop and disseminate material which will carry out the purpose of the Association.
4. To promote, conduct and share research.
5. To develop and promote educational programs for obtaining the knowledge required to perform the functions of a safety professional.
6. To provide forums for the acquisition and exchange of professional knowledge among Association members.